The Reme Halo air purifier is an incredibly efficient and reliable way to purify the air in your home. It utilizes a three-stage purification process that uses UV light, bi-polar ionization, and a specialized filter to remove particles from the air.
I eventually realized I needed an air purifier to cover the entire house. You see, my home is quite old and it tends to be extremely dusty with particles in the air all around us. Furthermore, a musty smell would linger everywhere which made staying at home very uncomfortable and unpleasant.
Although cleaning works for some time, it’s not always enough of a solution. That’s why I decided that investing in an efficient whole-house air purifier was necessary if we were going to have clean, breathable air indoors!
After I had my A/C system installed, I began to ponder the advantages of adding a cleaning device. As Coronavirus was already emerging in the US and creating some panic, it pushed me to start researching what type would be most suitable for me.
After some time, I settled on RGF Reme Halo over GPS 2400 due to its much higher airflow (6400 vs 2400) as well as extended warranty period compared if buying from eBay which wasn’t something that appealed to me at all.
|RGF Reme-H Reme Halo Whole Home In-Duct Air Purifier
|UV Bulb Lifespan
|(L x W x H)13.8″ x 6.5″ x 7.5″
|5 years on unit
I purchased my unit for an economical price of only $450. Fortunately, it came with a detailed installation manual that was beneficial to me as I wanted to save time and money and opted out of hiring a professional HVAC technician to install the air purifier myself. Unfortunately, afterward, I discovered that if the appliance is installed by someone who doesn’t possess the necessary license, then a warranty isn’t applicable; however, what’s done is done!
Installing the Reme Halo requires a few simple steps. Firstly, attach two wires to your transformer and connect two additional ones directly to the unit itself. Secondly, cut a three-inch hole in an appropriate duct box before installing the device on either side of your HVAC system’s plenum – but make sure that you’re drilling into the box rather than any mechanical components! Ultimately, it’s quick and easy work that yields significant improvements for any home or office environment.
Changes after the installation
- After installing this air purifier, I am happy to report that the entire house looks visually cleaner and dust-free. Moreover, the particles are no longer just floating in the air like before!
- I am confident this is accurate because the filters in my air conditioner are clogged with dust, dirt, and sometimes even mold and fungi. Before I had to replace them every 4-5 months; however now they need attention around two months after their initial installation. It’s clear that without periodic maintenance these filters become filled quite quickly.
- Unappealing grease odors were lingering in The kitchen, yet with the addition of this air purifier, those smells no longer travel and “disappear” into other rooms – they are quickly eradicated right where they started.
- The entire house smells like the fragrant aroma of a thunderstorm following Reme Halo’s UV light release of ozone into our atmosphere. I absolutely love that scent and it helps keep me energized all day long – no matter what kind of weather is outside!
- My experience with Reme Halo UV light has been nothing but positive, and as the bulb is anticipated to last 2 years minimum, my maintenance costs are only $20 annually. So far, I couldn’t be more pleased!
How Fast Reme Halo Cleans Air
- The Reme Halo air purifier is incredibly powerful, able to filter 6500 cubic feet of air per minute at its peak capacity. To give you an idea of just how efficient it can be, here’s a table that shows the speed at which this device cleanses different room sizes:
Reme Halo Maintenance Costs
- Reme Halo replacement parts are limited, needing only a periodic change of the bulb cell. The remaining components don’t require any substitutions and can function for years to come! Ultimately, with this air purifier, your maintenance costs will be kept at a low level.
- Electric bills are an inevitable part of life. If you use electricity around the clock each month, your costs may be as low as $1.7 per month or about $20 a year! Take some time to calculate how much power is being used in your home and determine ways to reduce this amount if needed.
How much does the Reme Halo cost?
On average, the Reme Halo Air Purifier is priced at around $1,000 with installation included. However, this cost may fluctuate based on a few factors such as the size of your house and any existing system in place. Be sure to check for contractor incentives that could potentially reduce costs too! Additionally, it’s important to note that while regular maintenance will be necessary over time due to its use of UV bulbs.
Replacing the UV lightbulb may cost about $450 every two years, however, the health benefits of clean air are invaluable. After all, we only get one atmosphere to breathe… How much is that worth? Ultimately, these costs pale in comparison with what’s at stake here – our well-being.
Who’s the right fit for the Reme Halo?
The Reme Halo is a device that helps remove common allergens such as pollen, mold spores, and dander. It also helps to remove bacteria and viruses. Additionally, it can help to remove odors from cooking, pets, dirty socks, and musty rooms.