In recent years, there has been a growing focus on the quality of the air that we breathe. This concern is not merely restricted to the open air; rather, it is now making its way inside as well. If you want to prevent things like smoke, dust, allergies, pollution, and unpleasant odors from lingering in your home, installing an air purifier in each of your rooms is an absolute must.
This has led to a significant rise in the quality of the air found within, which is a positive development. Consequently, a wide variety of airborne illnesses and allergic reactions may be significantly mitigated. A simple inhalation of clean air is all that is required to stop the transmission of disease-causing viruses and bacteria.
In order for our air purifiers to be efficient, we need to concentrate on the qualities that we are looking for in them. In this post, we will compare the Medify MA-112 and the Airmega 400, two of the best air purifiers currently available, so that you may make the perfect purchase.
This is one of the most effective air purifiers for larger places due to its efficacy as well as several other intriguing characteristics. According to the Amazon reviews, users have a very positive opinion of this particular model. The scale model has a height of approximately 28.3 inches and a width of around 15.7 inches, and it was designed using exact observation of the users’ needs.
Both the LED display and the more traditional air quality signal light have a spot on the front of the purifier. The trapezoid-shaped control panel, placed at the very top of the device, contains buttons that allow the user to change both the mode and the speed of the wind flow.
How does Medify MA-112 filter air?
- The air is drawn into the purifiers from the sides and it then travels up through the levels, being purified at each level.
- The system includes a pre-filter to capture the large particles like hair, fur, large pollutants, etc. Its true HEPA filter captures almost all the pollutants and debris, even those that are smaller than 0.5 microns.
- The activated carbon filter with carbon pellets has the capability to eradicate the harmful odor and formaldehyde from the surrounding air.
- There is one more part in the system that can be switched on and off based on the requirement. The ionizers produce a negative charge and help the system to trap the dust and debris inside the unit. They enhance the working efficiency of filters.
Although there is a small production of ozone, CARB has certified that the purifiers are safe even for asthma patients. The true HEPA filter inside this system has shown positive results for even 0.01-micron particles.
Due to its huge fan, this model can successfully clean an area ranging in size from 1200 to 2400 square feet. However, a DC voltage is necessary for the large fan, which rotates quickly and causes noise. The decibel level of the noise could reach 72 if you’re using the purifier at higher speeds. The smart sensor guarantees that the purifier is always running at the lowest possible speed. Users will not be able to keep it running for a longer amount of time because of excessive power consumption. The air quality is shown on the display screen both visually and numerically via a combination of a light indicator and a number. This model includes a child lock, so you can be comfortable that your children will not be able to play or mess with the settings. You can also take advantage of the lifetime warranty by placing your order by phone or email.
- Highly efficient
- Very high CADR reading
- Beautiful design and filter club subscription
- Very noisy when the speed is high
- Power consumption is quite high
- Filter does not last long and needs replacement
The Airmega 400 model is designed in two colors – white and silver. Each unit has a height of 23 inches and a width as well as a depth of 15 inches which results in a weight of 25 pounds. This means that your air cleaner will adjust in a small space as well. However, it lacks handles making it difficult to shift around your house. There are two Max2 filters on the sides and a washable filter which completes the purifying process with great efficiency.
Distinct Features of Airmega 400
- One of the best aspects of this purifier is how quietly it functions. You must feel the breeze blowing out of the vent to know whether the purifier is operating at low or high speed, and even at high speed, the sound level does not exceed 55 dB.
- Furthermore, when the air quality is adequate, a smart mode will switch the purifier off on its own.
- It is not difficult to maintain the device because it has an indicator that informs when it needs to be cleaned. The disposable filters must be replaced once a year, which adds a small amount to the overall cost.
The level of pollution may be viewed on the display screen, and if you clean out your air purifier once every two months, it will be kept clean and dust-free. The model was not updated to the maximum level since it is incapable of properly removing volatile organic compounds from the air in your environment. However, it has the ability to improve quality by removing the bulk of the undesired waste, such as pollen, hair, pollutants, and so on.
Thus, the comparison is crystal clear. Look out for your requirements and choose what suits them best for your room or home.
- True HEPA filters and activated carbon components improve air quality to a great level.
- The model is energy star certified and has a timer.
- It is very easy to set up this model in your room.
- Very quiet.
- Might be costly
- It is not efficient to remove volatile organic compounds
Medify MA-112 vs Airmega 400 Comparison
|Category||Feature||Airmega 400||Medify MA-112|
|Easy Filter Replacement||Yes||Yes|
|Wattage||64 Watts||Maximum 120 Watts|
|Removes Smoke & Odor||Yes||Yes|
|Appearance||Weight||24.7 Pounds||32 Pounds|
|Dimensions||14.8 X 14.8 X 22.8 Inches||13 x 15 x 28 inches|