If you’re a cat owner, you’re probably looking for the best air purifier for cat litter smell, dust, and odor.
You’ve come to the right place! Cat litter dust is one of the most common pollutants in your home. Traditional cat litter creates up to ten times more dust than any other home pollutant.
Air pollution can be a significant problem in any household, and having an air purifier is a great way to minimize the number of allergens. After long hours of research, we have found the best air purifiers for cat litter odors and a dusty litter box—and we’re here to share our findings with you.
The list below contains all the information you’ll need when choosing an air purifier. Pet odors are pesky and can make a house inhabitable. Here are some useful air purifiers for cat litter dust that cannot stop you from keeping cats in your home.
Best Air Purifier For Cat Litter
Aviano AV890 is the best air purifier for cat litter. The best part of about this air purifier is that it is completely silent and can is perfect for large rooms.
Why Do Litter Boxes Smell?
We love our cats. We like to cuddle with them, and we spend a lot of time and money to make sure they have the best possible life. But there is one thing that can drive a wedge between you and your cat: the litter box. Why do they smell? The answer lies in decomposition.
There are two main ways an air purifier can cut down on litter box smells: eliminating airborne particles and cutting down on decomposition.
Airborne particles come from the dust in your cat litter box. Pet litter odors get trapped in these particles, causing them to linger long after cleaning the litter box.
How to Reduce the pet and Litter box smell?
One way to cut down on this is to use an air purifier that utilizes HEAP filtration. These filters trap particles as small as 0.3 microns, so you won’t have to worry about those pesky pet litter odors getting away from you!
The second way is by reducing decomposition in your home. Reducing decomposition can do with an air purifier that utilizes an activated carbon filter or a UV light. Activated carbon filters
According to research and contrary to popular opinion, cat litter box odor can make a litter box unattractive for cats to get rid of this several options are available on the market. As domesticated pets usually behave similarly, it can be the reason for the unexpected littering behavior of your pet. Protein breakdown leads to odorant molecules, and human sweat is also an example.
The Best air purifiers for cat litter odors:
1. Aviano AV890 Air Purifier
- Good Pricing
- Essential Filters for Pet cleanig
- Covers large Space
- Zero Noise
The Aviano AV890 is the perfect choice for a family and cat litter box as it focuses on a healthy lifestyle and is also an excellent choice for a larger space. It’s a quiet air purifier with zero noise disturbance.
- aluminum prefilter that can filter the large air particles from permeating the air, including cat litter dust or other pet dust and dust. Using only the first layer of defense, this filter stops the big particles. After that, the last seventh filter lasts longer.
- antibacterial and HEPA, preventing bacteria from floating in the air. The two filtration methods in the one-sided filter keep you safe from smoke, gasses, toxic home chemicals from cosmetics, and mini dust particles. With this, we know about the productivity of this Aviano AV890 air purifier.
- Nano-cold catalyst
- activated carbon filters
- Anion generator
In short, it will clean the air and spread negative ions, which helps boost good energy in the room and affects the reduction of depression symptoms.
2. GermGuardian True Air Purifier
- Designed by keeping pets on mind
- Comes with Five layers of filter
- Has 5 Fan speed
- Captures Dust & Allergens
- UV-C Reduces Airborne Mold and Germs
The germ guardian air purifier is designed by keeping pets on the list, so sure, this air purifier will get your pet’s odors for your clean home desire. The pet odors are absorbed by the activated charcoal filter used in germGuardian combat. You get zero Noise when set on the lowest setting. cover an area of 189 square feet. the germ guardian air purifier can kill mold, viruses, and bacteria with UV light technology.
Using the five layers, which includes
- charcoal & PCO filter: used for removal of pet odors and home odors
- Hepa Filter: helps to absorb 99.97% of the dirt and air pollutants
- UVC-light: elimination of viruses and bacteria in the air, such as staph, rhinovirus
- Titanium Dioxide: reducing the Organic Compound in the air
- PetPure antimicrobial: to stop the growth of bacteria, mold, and mildew on the surface of the filter.
3. HATHA SPACE HSP001 Air Purifier
HATHA SPACE HSP00
- Comes with 7 levels of filter
- Handles Dust & Allergens, Pet Hair & Dander, Smoke & VOC’s, Viruses & Bacteria*
- Five Years of Warrenty
- Smart Sensor, Air Quality Indicator
One of the best air purifiers is the Hathaspace HSP001 True HEPA Air Filter. Features include a HEPA filter, carbon odor absorption, ionizer, and timer functions. It can cover a room of 700 square feet entirely and get the job done in 1 hour.
Hatha Space smart true HEPA air purifier is a top-of-the-line litter box odor eliminator. At the heart of it, you have a true HEPA purifier that guarantees to filter out up to 99.97% of pollutants in the air making it one of the best for eliminating litter box smell.
The purifier is also infused with an anion generator whose sole purpose is to effectively eliminate odors from pets and litter boxes. It also features a honeycomb-activated carbon filter that absorbs smells before they even get near your nose, making it an all-around purifier for the litter box and other odors.
This air purifier has five filtration stages that give your eyes clean air. Also, get rid of usual allergy symptoms.
- A HEPA prefilter: get rid of pet dander and hairs
- A cold catalyst filter: this targets harmful chemicals found in the air
- Cellular-activated carbon: helps to absorb pet odors
- True H11 HEPA filter: captures a small particle size of 0.3 microns
- An Ionizer: handles smoke and odors.
The new HSP001 air purifier is an intelligent air purifier that can detect pollutants and adjust the fan speed accordingly. It also has a display that shows you the air quality level always to know the air quality in your home.
The unit also includes a remote control that will help you be able to operate the purifier from a distance. The Hatha space smart true air purifier is ozone-safe and approved by CARB (California Air Resources Board), safe for pets to use at home.
4. Winix HR900 Air Purifier
- Collects Pet dander with Mesh Pre-filter
- Smart Feature like Auto Mode. odor sensor. air quality detector
- PlasmaWave Technology
The winix HR900 is designed for pet owners. It’s primarily focused on cleaning and purifying the pollution caused by pets, and it cleans pets’ dander and odor. WinixHR900 is the latest model by winix for pet care.
The best feature of this air purifier is that it collects the pet hair and gives you air quality status with LED light. comes with five stages of filtration
- Prefilter for catching pet hairs and big particles
- Carbon filter for pets odor removal
- Ultimate pet filter which helps purify cat litter and dander, hair floating in the house
- True HEPA filter
- PlasmaWave Technology for breaking odor, allergens, and other pollutants
5. Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier
Hamilton Beach TrueAir
- Covers area of 160sq.ft
- Noise free at high speed
- Power consumption is low
- Comes with one year warrenty
hamilton true beach is a 99 % true HEPA filter. It has a carbon filter that captures particles in the air the size of 3 microns same size as bacteria, also pet dander, pollen, and dust.
Comes with 3 easy fan speed control settings so you can sleep peacefully at night. If you want an air purifier for a room of 160 square feet then this Hamilton beach true air can be the best choice for your pet odor-free purifier. it also works in both ways placing it vertically or horizontally no matter whether it works powerfully. this is the best air purifier for cat smell or litter dust.
-comes with a single HEPA filter strong enough for taking care of your pet’s odors and cat litter.