Today I am going to look at one of the popular negative ion generators (in other words air ionizers) on the market – Clarifion. The device is an ionizer, which means that it releases a large number of negative ions into the air. These negative ions then attach themselves to all harmful particles in the air. This combined mass is heavy enough for gravity to pull down on the ground, from where it can not get back into the air. This is how an air ionizer works, but if you want more information, I have made a lengthy post about it here.
Clarifion negative ion generator- product features
First, I am going to take a look at the features that come with this negative ion generator, along with our comments. These are:
- High negative ion output – up to 10 million negative ions per cubic cm per second. This is a relatively good number of negative ions. I consider anything from 6-7 million negative ions cm3/s to be a decent number. Anything below that and the cleaning capabilities start to suffer in an average-sized room.
- Easy to install and use – according to the website you just plug it in and that is it. It has no settings that you can mess around with or have to set up. Only a single blue LED light lets you know that the device is active and working. Simple and effective, what is there not to like.
- Low maintenance – like any true air ionizer, Clarifion negative ion generator does not use any filters, which means that you have no “hidden costs” (in the form of changing filters) associated with it.
- For home use – due to the small size of the device and the number of negative ions released, you will not be using it in big or open-air spaces, warehouses, or concert halls. One is probably not enough for a whole house or flat, but good enough for a single room. Besides, you can just transfer it from room to room.
Pros and cons
Next, I am going to take a look at the pros on cons of the Clarifion negative ion generator. There are a lot of things that I like about this product, however, it does come with some downsides as well. Let us take a look:
- Decent negative ion output. At 10 million negative ions per cubic cm per second, this device packs a decent punch for its size. As we already stated above, anything above 6-7 million negative ions I consider good. 10 million is enough for effective air cleaning. You can expect the device to remove any harmful particles in the air, regardless of their size.
- No ozone byproduct. This is a big one. One of the biggest downsides of air ionizers is that they produce ozone, which is not good for our respiratory system. Even in very small quantities, I would still not be comfortable inhaling air that contains ozone. Clarifion claims that their device produces no ozone whatsoever – that is a really big advantage that not many air ionizers have.
- Silent. A silent device is a good device. This means that you can put it in your bedroom at night and expect to get a good night’s rest, without the device waking you up in the middle of the night due to the sound. This means that it is optimal to have it plugged in 24/7. I already wrote more on the subject of air purifiers and noise in my other thread found here.
- No hidden costs over time. A common problem of many air purifiers is that they require a constant change of filters (up to two times a year). This translates into additional future costs that you need to keep in mind. And if you do not change the filters…well then they can become infected with bacteria and suddenly your health is more at risk now. Since Clarifion does not use filters, it keeps the overall costs of maintenance pretty much non-existent.
- Not very effective for bigger spaces.Â If you are looking for an air-purifying solution in a big office, larger rooms, living room, warehouses, or anything open-air… then this product is probably not the best first choice. While it is very good in smaller rooms and spaces, it falls a bit short when used in big rooms. You can get around this issue by getting more than 1 unit, but this represents additional costs. Even in one room, it might be needed to put two units, especially if you live in an area where the air is not the cleanest. Some reviews had a hard time noticing a difference in their air quality.
- Low life expectancy.Â With only 2,5-3 years this product falls on the lower spectrum of life expectancy for air ionizers.
- Not enough negative ions for health benefits.Â Generally speaking, negative ions have the ability to naturally lower histamine levels, which is a big deal for anyone that has asthma or allergies. Negative ions have been proven (according to some studies) to help relieve asthma and allergy symptoms, with the possibility of even completely eliminating them. The issue here is that you need more than 10 million negative ions per cm/s to achieve that. So while Clarifion is a very good choice for cleaning the air, it falls a little bit short in the “health benefits” department.
Here is an overview of the pros & cons:
Best Negative Ion Generator on amazon review
Clarifion negative Ion Generator: conclusion
Clarifion negative ions generator is a small and affordable device suitable and effective for anyone looking to improve the air quality in their home. For rooms bigger than 55 square feet, it is optimal to install two of these to achieve the best results. The simple plug & go the way of using it makes it a very portable and convenient air purifier. Since the device is silent you will not even notice it when plugged in and working. This is especially great at night when you probably do not want to be interrupted. No ozone means that it can be turned on 24/7, which is also always great to have.
Based on my own experience and other reviews, you will probably need more than 1 unit to experience the full effect in a medium or large room. If you suffer from allergies, asthma or other respiratory diseases do not expect a miracle from this device, but you can expect a decent improvement in the reduction of symptoms. All in all, this is probably one of the best air ionizers at this price point. I definitely recommend it to anyone that wants an effective air cleaning device, which will still help with allergies and other respiratory issues.
Current price and availability: