Clean air is becoming increasingly important in this day and age. An air purifier is a great tool to help you achieve that. Welcome to our Vremi large room home air purifier review of 2022. We are first going to take a look at product features, move on to the pros & cons, and finish off with some final words/conclusion.
Vremi Large Room Home Air Purifier – Features
Despite being on the more budget-friendly side, Vremi comes with quite a wide variety of different and powerful features. These are:
Powerful 3-stage filtration system with H13 graded HEPA.Â A lot of technical words are packed into one sentence. This device uses 3 different stages of filtering to clean the air. The first stage is an ultrafine pre-filter which removes large particles only. Next comes the activated carbon filter, which is responsible for removing odors and smells. Lastly, a true HEPA H13 filter removes the remaining pollutants, with a 99,7% effectiveness. This applies to pollutants that have a size of 0.3 microns and bigger. We will touch more on the subject of HEPA H13 in pros and cons. Filters need to be changed approximately every 180 days or in other words, twice a year. On the control panel, you can also find the reset filter indicator. This 3-stage filtration system is effective in spaces up to 217,5 square feet.
Built-in air quality sensor. This feature means that you have a real-time indicator of air quality in your room. It uses colors to show you how clean (or unclean) the air around you is. The colors are blue-green-orange-red, with blue being the best and red being the worst air quality.
360 degrees of aerodynamic air intake.Â This provides an even distribution of air intake and air output. Essentially you can put this device anywhere you wish, without worrying if you have to turn it in a specific way to get the best results.
Control panel with adjustable settings and a timer. The device comes with multiple adjustable settings. You can change the fan speed (3 different levels) and brightness of the night light. It also comes with a timer that you can set to 2, 4, or 8 hours.
Pros and cons
In this section, we are going to take a look at all the good and bad sides of the Vremi Large Room Home Air Purifier. We always strive to give you an objective view of both the good sides as well as the bad sides. All of our choices will be also explained, so you can get a better understanding of our choices.
High-quality H13 HEPA filter.Â Not all HEPA filters are equally effective. There is quite a noticeable difference between them. We are not going to go too much into specifics here, all you need to know is that HEPA filters have different efficiency levels. H10-H12 is where most average HEPA filters belong. H13 and H14 HEPA filters belong in the highest tier. This means that they are the most powerful and can actually remove up to 99,95% of particles that are sized 0.1 microns or more. So needless to say, H13 filter is a big advantage when it comes to cleaning effectiveness.
Automatic mode.Â This is a very useful mode that quite a few air purifiers of the same pricing range sadly do not have. It is a great plus when you do not have to micromanage everything on a device. With a simple press of a button, you are able to sit back and let your air purifier do the rest. The built-in air pollution sensor adjusts settings according to the current air quality. This ensures that your device has optimized settings at all times. You can always adjust the settings manually if you choose to do so.
Effective even for smoke and odor removal.Â Many air purifiers struggle to effectively clean smoke and especially odors. The activated carbon filter in this unit is very good and does its job as it should. Many users report no trace of smoke or odors when leaving the device on automatic mode.
Portable.Â Vremi air purifier is quite compact and easy to carry around. Its dimensions are 8.7 x 8.7 x 15.5 inches and it weighs a little bit under 7 pounds – making it easy to move around the house.
- Control panel can be a bit buggy. While we personally did not experience this, a few users have reported some technical issues. Namely, the device can get stuck in sleep mode. This can be solved with a simple unplug and re-plug, however, it still means you have to keep checking the device to make sure it is working properly. The other issue that can happen is the in-built sensor getting not working properly. If this happens you have to manually set the appropriate fan speed, which means that you can not rely on automatization to do all the “heavy lifting”.
- Noise on maximum speed can be a bit high.Â This is especially important if you decide to put the air purifier in your bedroom and if you are a light sleeper. At maximum fan speed, the device emits 52 decibels (dB) of noise. While this is nothing out of the ordinary, it could wake you up at night – any sound above 45 dB can disrupt sleep. You can always lower the fan speed, but keep in mind that this lowers purifying effectiveness at the same time. If the room in the air is already somewhat clean, then a lower fan setting should still work just fine.
- Uses only product-specific filter replacement.Â When it is time to replace the HEPA filters of this device, you have to buy them directly from Amazon since that is the only place where the company officially sells them. We have observed that on occasion the filters would not be in stock and in that case you pretty much have no other choice but to wait. There is no other way to get replacement filters for this device and if the company goes out of business at some point,Â you are possibly stuck without any replacement options.
Pros & Cons
- Top tier HEPA filter
- Smart features
- Effective filtration system
- Compact and portable
- Buggy control panel
- Can be noisy
- Replacement filters go out of stock fast
Vremi Large Room Home Air Purifier Review – conclusion and final thoughts
Vremi came up with a budget-friendly yet effective air purifier that is a good fit for many people. Firstly, we were quite impressed with the features that this device comes with. There are enough customization options to fulfill different cleaning needs and the automatic button is, from our experience, a pretty great feature to have. Secondly, we believe that the positives outweigh the negatives in this case. Effective air cleaning should be your primary goal and the powerful H13 HEPA filters make sure of that. While filters can be challenging to get at times, the lifespan is quite high (4320 hours = 160 days = half a year) so buying one or two in advance has you set for at least a year. Allergy sufferers will appreciate this product too, as it will help reduce allergy symptoms.
Lastly, we would like to touch on the subject of room coverage. We recommend using this purifier for smaller/medium rooms and not for very large rooms or open spaces. While the device states that it does cover up to 217,5 square feet, there is no information about CADR rating in order for us to assess that number. Many customers report that it does cover the above-mentioned coverage area, but it is always better to be safe than sorry. By this, we mean that you can put it in a slightly smaller room and then move it over time to a larger room and see if you notice the same effects or air quality improvement.
If you are looking for an effective air purifier that will not stretch your budget thin, then Vremi Large Room Home Air Purifier is a good choice. Latest price and availability:
And there you have it, we hope you enjoyed and found value in our Vremi Large Room Home Air Purifier review.