Asthma and allergies are two conditions that can be incredibly difficult to live with. If you’re one of the millions of Americans who suffer from either of these conditions, you know how important it is to find relief. That’s where air purifiers come in. An air purifier can help reduce the symptoms of asthma and allergies by removing allergens and pollutants from the air. so knowing the best air purifiers for allergies is very important.
Not all air purifiers are created equal, though. Some are better at removing specific allergens or pollutants than others.
Let’s confirm the purifier help with asthma or not
Air purifiers work by reducing or eliminating some of the triggers that can set off an asthma attack, such as dust, smoke, and other pollutants or allergens.
A recent review from 2018 analyzed the effects of reducing indoor allergens on asthma. The study found that using a single method, such as an air purifier by itself, usually did not make much difference for improve asthma measures.
Therefore, the authors of the study recommend utilizing a combination of methods to help better manage outcomes for asthma sufferers but also noted that more research is needed involving larger groups of people before drawing any final conclusions.
Best Air Purifier For Allergies
LEVOIT CORE 600S
The Levoit Core 600S is an effective and affordable.
It has a three-stage filtration system that includes a washable pre-filter, a True HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter.
The filter has a long lifespan of up to two years.
Choose the best air purifier for allergies
When looking for an air purifier to help with allergies, it is important to find one that has a HEPA filter with activated carbon. This will help to remove allergens like pet hair, pet dander, pollen, and smoke from the air. Some air purifiers also use activated carbon or similar ingredients to help filter these allergens.
We chose appliances that came from well-established, reputable brands with a lot of excellent consumer reviews. We looked for energy-efficient and quieter devices for our list.
Lastly, we hand-selected products that differ in price and room square footage because we understand that everyone has unique needs and a different budget. Furthermore, we only chose items that would be beneficial for most people’s homes.
Now you have an idea of choosing the best air purifier for allergies so we have listed 10 of the best air purifiers for allergies and asthma in 2022:
Best Air purifiers for Allergies in 2023
1. BLUEAIR HealthProtect 7770i
Alen BreatheSmart FLEX
A lot of good air purifiers for allergies and asthma have come out in recent years, but the Blueair HealthProtect 7770i is definitely the one with the most features. It’s not necessarily part of the high-end market, yet it outperforms every other device on the market by a large margin.
- 24/7 SECURITY: With GermShield technology that destroys 99% of germs trapped by the filter, the filter is protected against viruses and bacteria; Conditions are proactively monitored while the filters are on standby to prevent growth.
- Blueair’s HEPASilent dual filtration technology detoxifies and cleans large spaces quickly using less energy than other HEPA systems; on high, it can clean a 674sqft room in 12.5 minutes or 3,235sqft XL space in 60 minutes.
- recommended by Asthma Allergy Nordic – helps reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES SMELL AND PARTICLES DOWN TO 0.1 MICRON: Ideal for smoke and smog during wildfire season; Removes 99.97% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, viruses, and pet dander while the carbon filter captures light odors from smoking, pets, and cooking
What’s more, this high level of effectiveness doesn’t come at any sort of cost. Electrostatic filtration allows for the mechanical filter to be less dense, resulting in an incomparable rate of clean airflow. Additionally, this makes sure that the Blueair HealthProtect 7770i runs quietly and smoothly compared to other popular models of air purifiers on the market.
2. LEVOIT CORE 300
LEVOIT CORE 300
The Levoit Core 300 is our new top pick for dealing with allergies and asthma in the budget-friendly price range of under $100. With its highly customized air filter, it is a great solution for your allergies.
The Levoit Core 300 is a well-known air purifier from the company Levoit, which is one of the most popular air purifiers in North America. The new all-in-one air filter in the Levoit Core 300 will help you stay allergy-free thanks to its stylish modern design and effective air filtering system for less than $100.
- Pre-filter – This nylon pre-filter captures large particles like dust, lint, fibers, hair, and pet fur. This filter needs to be cleaned using a vacuum on a regular basis because it only works for a short amount of time.
- To get rid of as many pollutants as possible, a True HEPA filter is used in the Levoit Core 300. The True HEPA Filter in the Levoit Core 300 reduces 99.97 percent of tiny particles less than 0.3 microns such as pollen, virus particles, and bacteria cells. It’s possible to customize it
- Pet Allergy – For those with severe allergies to animals
- Toxin Absorber – For areas with an overwhelming amount of smoke, VOCs, or chemicals.
- Smoke Remover –Perfect for when you need extra fresh air.
- Activated Carbon Filter –The Activated Carbon filter eliminates smoke and odors from the kitchen, your pets, or even the outside.
3.IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
The IQAir HealthPro Plus is a top-of-the-line air purifier that is effective at removing a wide range of allergens and pollutants from the air. It is also one of the most expensive air purifiers on the market, but it is worth the investment if you want the best possible relief from your allergies or asthma.
This is a medical-grade air purifier that made our list of the best allergy and asthma air purifiers. IQAir is a monument to air cleaning innovation and excellence, with over 50 years of expertise. It’s safe to say that the IQAir HealthPro Plus will cure (but only in your house for airborne) allergies and asthma forever (of course, just in your home).
The IQAir HealthPro Plus is a top-notch 3-stage air filtration system that is known to be the most reliable technology in the world for filtering out contaminants and making fresh home air quality better.
There should be no more debate about the world-class performance rating of IQAir air purifiers, especially the flagship IQAir HealthPro Plus. This air purifier includes H13, which is the most advanced strong HyperHEPA filter on the market. It delivers exactly what most people want from an air cleaner: clean, crisp air.
Even before the pre-filter, which can capture 55% of particles as tiny as 0.3 microns, this is a pricey air purifier. IQAir has done everything possible to justify the price, despite it being a high-cost air purifier.
Even the pre-filter, which is made up of small fibers similar to those in filter cloth, can capture 55% of particles as tiny as 0.3 microns. It will contribute to the efficiency improvement of the future HyperHEPA filter, which is a non-woven glass microfibre non-off gassing True HEPA filter that can filter out even the tiniest ultrafine particles. Most significantly, this True HEPA filter’s average life expectancy is approximately four years, making it without a doubt the world’s finest currently available HEPA technology.
4. COWAY AP-1512HH
The Coway AP-1512HH, as the best inexpensive gadget from Korea’s No. 1 air purifier brand, can compete in any climate and be one of the finest air purifiers for allergies and asthma in 2022.
The pre-filter of the Coway AP-1512HH can be washed with water, and it has a deodorization filter as well as a True HEPA filter. The Coway AP-1512HH can remove 99.97 percent of particles that are 0.3 microns in size or larger, making it ideal for people with allergies or asthma.
This model is also very quiet on the lowest setting, making it perfect for use in a bedroom. The Coway AP-1512HH has a four-stage filtration system.
- The pre-filter: will help you capture larger contaminants, such as pet hair, human hair, and mold, before they have a chance to enter the system.
- The activated carbon filter: works to deodorize and trap harmful gas, keeping your place fresh and odor-free.
- True HEPA filter: The ENERGY STAR-certified Air Purifier provides an effective way to remove pollutants such as pollen, dust mite debris, and pet hair from the air in your home -> The ENERGY STAR-certified Air Purifier uses a True HEPA filter that captures 99.97 percent of down to 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold spores, and fungus spores from the air.
- Ionic technology: Vital ionize can capture even the tiniest airborne particles and send them to other filters. On/off switch is available.
The AP-1512HH Activated Carbon filter, or Deodorization Filter, is wonderful. It may help to remove small particles and extend the life of the True HEPA filter; it can also absorb most pollutants, smoke, house odors, and toxic gases.
5) LEVOIT CORE 600S
LEVOIT CORE 600S
The Levoit Core 600S is a great allergen remover that not only has strong performance but also offers economy and smart features.
The Levoit Core 600S is a 3-stage air purifier with a pre-filter, True HEPA filter, and activated carbon filter. It can remove 99.97 percent of particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air, making it great for people with allergies or asthma. The pre-filter is washable, and the True HEPA filter has a life expectancy of up to two years.
The activated carbon filter in the Levoit Core 600S can also remove smoke, odors, and toxic gases from the air. The Levoit Core 600S is an affordable air purifier that offers great value for money.
- The pre-filter is a mesh that sits above the main filter and catches most of the big things like dust, hair, lint, fibers, and pet fur before they get to it.
- Levoit Core 600S features an H13 True HEPA filter, which reduces 99.97 percent of 0.3-micron allergens, virus particles, pollen, and bacteria particles
- The custom-made high-efficiency Activated Carbon filter (ARC formula) does an excellent job of trapping cooking smells and pet odors, common problems in a home with multiple pets. It also makes the filter last longer by chemically breaking down molecules that become trapped in the Activated Carbon filter—which prevents the filter from becoming oversaturated and allows it to continue working correctly.
The Levoit Core 600S is an exceptional air purifier with a CADR rating of 373 Dust/ 377 Smoke &437 Pollen (cfm). It only takes 5 minutes to clean your room and this fan power is on par with even mid-range budget devices like the Blueair Classic 405 or Alen BreatheSmart!
6) Airmega 400
It’s hard to find an air purifier that will effectively remove allergens and asthma-inducing pollutants. The Coway AIRMEGA 400 may be the perfect solution for you if your budget is a limited or wide range, as it combines high quality with affordability!
The Coway AIRMEGA 400 is a 3-stage air purifier with a pre-filter, True HEPA filter, and activated carbon filter. It can remove 99.97 percent of particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air, making it great for people with allergies or asthma. The pre-filter is washable, and the True HEPA filter has a life expectancy of up to two years.
The activated carbon filter in the Coway AIRMEGA 400 can also remove smoke, odors, and toxic gases from the air. The Coway AIRMEGA 400 is an affordable air purifier that offers great value for money.
The new Iomega 400 humidifier is the perfect way to keep your home just right. With its innovative design, this product maintains top-of-the-line performance from earlier models while incorporating all filters into a single Max2 filter that’s capable of removing larger particles than ever before!
- The Pre-filter is a large, washable filter that eliminates contaminants. It’s important to remember to dry the pre-filter in the shade before using it again.
- The Max2 filter is a unique combination of an Activated Carbon Filter and a True HEPA filter. It can capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, as well as reduce more than 99 percent of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO.
The AIRMEGA 400 is incredibly efficient, being able to remove 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air. Not only that, but it can also get rid of strong odors which could trigger asthma attacks.
7) BLUEAIR CLASSIC 680I
BLUEAIR CLASSIC 680I
It’s been recommended by both the Swedish Asthma and Allergy Association (which is part of the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology) and Today’s Parent as the finest air purifier for allergy and asthma symptoms.
The name Blueair is well-known to anyone who lives in or visits a household with respiratory problems. The company’s Classic 680i purifier offers one highly effective filter that can be replaced by customer preference between two different types – this choice gives users more versatility than most other models on the market!
The Particle Filter/ SmokeStop filter helps you breathe easier by capturing 99.97% of pollutants such as pollen, dust, and pet dander while filtering out viruses or bacteria down to 0.1 microns! If that isn’t enough for your allergies (which it probably will be), then pay more on top with an additional layer that is made up primarily of activated carbon – this extra step really does make all the difference when fighting off those pesky particles.
Blueair Classic 680i’s SmokeStop filter, which has a highly porous structure of activated carbon, is used to combat pollutants and scents.
We put the Blueair Classic 680i’s air filter to work for three months, and we can vouch that it is naturally antibacterial. Also, it will dissuade bacteria and mold from developing— which are two allergens and asthma’s primary causes.
Blueair technology is named HEPASilent for a reason. The Blueair 680i runs in a quiet mode with noise levels so low, you’ll barely hear it running—louder than rustling leaves on the ground.
Most people with allergies or asthma don’t bother with the Smart features on high-end air purifiers like the Blueair Classic 680i, but this unit can be operated by Alexa.