i tested this 5 products and found that BONECO H300 is the best air pir purifier and humidifier combo for indoor living. In an era where indoor living has become our default, our homes have transformed into battlegrounds against a host of invisible assailants – bacteria, allergens, dust, and the like.
At IonizerHub, we are dedicated to providing the most accurate, reliable, and detailed information on air purifiers, ionizers, and humidifiers. As a leading review website, our mission is to guide you in navigating the vast landscape of indoor air quality solutions.
Our team of seasoned experts uses rigorous testing methodologies to evaluate products, ensuring you get nothing but the best advice.
The best air purifier and humidifier combos on the market : Summary
- SHARP KC850U: This high-quality air purifier and humidifier combo offers True HEPA filtration and hosts a myriad of advanced features. With a 4.4-liter water tank, it’s designed to keep the air in your space clean and moisturized.
- Afloia Miro Pro: Sporting a unique design, this combo is composed of two parts – the main air purifier and a top-mounted rotating humidifier. Ideal for rooms up to 219 sq. ft., it utilizes a 3-stage filtration system and houses a 1.9-liter water tank.
- TCL breeva A2: This compact purifier surprised us with its powerful performance in testing. It caters to rooms up to 182 sq. ft., employs a 4-stage filtration system, offers advanced features, and operates on minimal energy.
- BONECO H300: An air purifier-humidifier combo with a massive 4.5-liter water tank, designed to cater to rooms as large as 540 sq. ft. This energy-efficient device uses 2-stage filtration and is backed by a remarkable 5-year warranty.
- Turonic PH950: Perhaps the most feature-packed device on our list, this combo showcases 8-stage filtration, an air quality sensor, a smart WiFi app, remote control, auto mode, and many other impressive options. Suitable for spaces up to 260 sq. ft., it includes a 1.5-liter water tank.
Each of these products excels in their own ways, offering diverse options to suit different needs. Whether you value energy efficiency, advanced features, or the size of the water tank, there’s a combo here for you.
Which one is best for you ?
we are going deeper into air purifier and humidifier combos, you’ll find that these devices are not one-size-fits-all. Each product has its unique strengths that make it the perfect fit for certain situations.
The SHARP KC850U is your best bet if you’re looking for a combination of high-quality air purification and efficient humidification in larger spaces. Its substantial water tank capacity and True HEPA filter make it a stellar choice for tackling bigger rooms.
For those working with a smaller space, the TCL breeva A2 is your go-to. This compact purifier punches above its weight, delivering powerful performance for rooms up to 182 sq. ft. Its energy efficiency also makes it ideal for those keen on reducing their energy footprint.
On the other hand, the BONECO H300 is perfect for users with larger rooms and a preference for devices with larger water tanks. Boasting a water tank capacity of 4.5 liters and coverage for rooms up to 540 sq. ft., it’s perfect for larger homes.
Last but certainly not least, the Turonic PH950 is the one for tech enthusiasts. With its host of advanced features including smart WiFi connectivity, remote control, and air quality sensor, it is the ultimate high-tech solution for maintaining optimal air quality in your space.
Top 5 Air Purifier and Humidifier Combos
1 SHARP KC850U : Best Overall
- Color: White
- Product Dimensions: 14.87 x 10.5 x 23.11 inches
- item Weight: 12.05 Pounds
- Control Method: Button
- Wattage: 50
The SHARP KC850U is a fantastic air purifier and humidifier designed for rooms up to 254 sq. ft. This gem is AHAM verified, meaning it sweeps through the room 4.8 times an hour, purifying the air each time. What I think is pretty neat about it is the 4-stage filtration process it uses – a pre-filter, carbon filter, True HEPA filter, and Plasmacluster Ion technology – tailored according to what you prefer.
it comes with a pre-filter, carbon filter, True HEPA filter, and Plasmacluster Ion technology, the KC850U provides comprehensive air treatment. This feature set makes it an ideal choice for people seeking thorough air purification and effective humidification in one device. The versatility is further enhanced by the adjustable settings for air quality and humidity, enabling users to tailor the performance to their specific needs.
- 2-in-1 combination of air purifier and humidifier
- Uses 4-stage filtration technology: pre-filter, carbon filter, True HEPA filter, and Plasmacluster Ion technology
- Humidifier with a 4.4-liter water tank capacity
- Designed for rooms up to 254 sq. ft.
- AHAM verified, cleans the air in the room 4.8 times per hour
- Long-lasting filters with the True HEPA and Carbon filters claimed to last up to 5 years
- Carbon filter is washable
- Humidifier wick replacement required approximately every 2 years
One thing I’ve found remarkable about this device is the manufacturer’s claim that the True HEPA and Carbon filters can last up to 5 years! And here’s the kicker – the carbon filter is washable. Besides the air purifier feature, SHARP also comes with a humidifier function, including a water tank and a humidifier wick, which on average, you’d need to replace every two years or so.
Now, I won’t sugarcoat it. This device is not the simplest to use right off the bat. You’ll need a little time to familiarize yourself with all its options and buttons. There are several modes of operation – the ‘clean air’ mode for air purification only, ‘clean air and humidity’ for a combo, and a quick cleaning mode. But trust me, the auto mode options for the air purifier and the humidifier are game-changers and make daily use so much easier. So if you’re dealing with allergy issues, or simply want to improve your indoor air quality, I’d heartily recommend giving the SHARP KC850U a shot. It’s reliable, high-quality, and worth a look.
2. Afloia Miro Pro
- Color: White
- Product Dimensions: 7.68″D x 7.68″W x 2″H
- Item Weight: 5.7 Pounds
- Control Method: Button
- Wattage: 23
Afloia is a fresh player in the market with a slew of innovative products, but their main focus is on air purifiers. Among their offerings, the Afloia Miro Pro takes the cake as the best air purifier and humidifier combo. However, it’s a minimalist air purifier, so if you’re looking for a ton of advanced features, this might not be the one for you.
What’s cool about the Afloia Miro Pro is its two-part design. The humidifier isn’t fused with the main device; it’s an add-on that you can use if you wish. Not only does this unique design make any room pop, but it also facilitates a nice airflow, making it easier for fresh air to circulate. Because of its circular design, the device draws air in from all sides. So, you could essentially place it smack in the middle of the room and it would suck in air from every nook and cranny.
The main part of the Miro Pro is the air purifier, housing everything from the filter and motor to the control knobs. As for the humidifier, it comes with a washable filter and a water tank. Now, while I really dig this concept, one thing to keep in mind is that you can’t use the humidifier without the air purifier running simultaneously. we have recommended some best air purifiers with washable filters.
Another downside is the absence of a True HEPA filter. So if advanced filtration is what you’re after, the SHARP KC850U we discussed earlier might be a better pick. The Miro Pro instead uses a 3-stage filtration system consisting of a pre-filter, a HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter.
- Unique two-part design allowing the humidifier to be used as an optional add-on.
- Circular design promotes air intake from all sides.
- The air purifier consists of a pre-filter, a HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter (note: it does not have a True HEPA filter).
- The filter needs to be changed every 3-6 months.
- The humidifier has a misting power of 150 ml/h, providing about 12 hours of use per water tank refill.
- The humidifier filter needs to be replaced every 3 months.
- The unit features a 7-color light strip on its side.
Afloia suggests changing the filter roughly every 3-6 months. The humidifier feature has a misting power of 150 ml/h, meaning you can use the humidifier for about 12 hours with one water tank refill. You’d need to change the humidifier filter approximately every 3 months. Among the interesting features, I must point out the snazzy 7-color light strip on the device’s left side.
So if you’re after a sleek, minimalist air purifier and humidifier combo that’s easy to use, the Afloia Miro Pro is worth considering, despite its few downsides.
3. Breeva A2
- Color: Black
- Product Dimensions: 1″D x 1″W x 1″H
- Item Weight: 7.57 pounds
- Control Method: Touch
- Wattage: 26
You’ve probably seen their name while shopping for budget-friendly TVs, but it turns out they also make a mean air purifier. The breeva A2 is a nifty little device that’s packed with some clever features. It’s got a design that’s innovative and really efficient at purifying the air.
Designed for rooms up to 182 sq. ft., it can purify the air 4.8 times in one hour in such a space. Pretty impressive, right? It achieves this through its 4-stage filtration technology which includes a pre-filter, True HEPA filter, activated carbon filter, and, wait for it, an optional ionizer.
Now, if you’re worried about ionizers creating ozone, don’t sweat it. Even if they do, it’s typically at low, safe levels for us humans. But, if you’re still skeptical, you can just switch it off.
Sitting right at the top of the unit is the humidifier. It has a water tank and a filter and works by releasing steam. It can put out around 40g of steam per hour.
- Designed for rooms up to 182 sq. ft.
- Air is cleaned 4.8 times per hour in the designated room size.
- Uses 4-stage filtration technology: pre-filter, True HEPA filter, activated carbon filter, and an optional ionizer.
- Low-energy usage due to a 26W motor.
- Comes with a 12-month warranty.
- Includes a built-in humidifier, which is located at the top of the unit and works by releasing steam (around 40g of steam per hour).
- Advanced features like an air quality sensor and indicator, an auto mode option, and smart app connectivity.
- Innovative and sleek design.
Now, I have to say, I was impressed by how well the breeva A2 performed in tests. However, the humidifier could do with a little boost, especially the water tank volume.
The breeva A2 is more than just a good looking device. It’s packed with advanced features. I love the air quality sensor and indicator, the auto mode option, and the fact that you can connect it to a smart app. Plus, it’s energy-efficient, operating on a low-powered motor that uses only 26W. And it comes with a 12-month warranty. All in all, the breeva A2 is a high-quality, all-in-one device that not only spruces up your house with its cool design but also helps to keep your air fresh and clean.
4. BONECO H300
- Color: White
- Product Dimensions: 15.7″D x 11″W x 16.2″H
- Item Weight: 19.24 pounds
- Control Method: Touch
- Wattage: 12W
The BONECO H300 is like a breath of fresh air in your home. Designed to clean and humidify rooms up to 540 sq. ft., it’s an absolute lifesaver if you’re dealing with allergies or just want cleaner, healthier air.
This device is incredibly versatile. It can work as an air purifier, a humidifier, or both, depending on what you need. And it’s so energy efficient, only consuming 9.6W at maximum speed.
The filtration system is pretty straightforward. It uses a pre-filter and pollen filter. As for the humidifier, it has a 4.5-liter water tank. You’d have to replace the pollen filter roughly once a year, but that’s hardly a big job.
One of the things I love about the BONECO H300 is its smart features. It can be connected to an app on your phone, so you can monitor your home’s humidity levels wherever you are. It even has a filter reset indicator and automatically turns off if it runs out of water.
- Designed for rooms up to 540 sq. ft.
- Uses 2-stage filtration: a pre-filter and a pollen filter
- Comes with a 4.5-liter water tank for the humidifier
- Consumes only 9.6W at maximum speed
- Can operate in three modes: air purifier only, humidifier only, or both
- Six convenient operating levels and optimized profiles
- Can be connected to a smart app for real-time monitoring
- Filter reset indicator and auto-off feature when the water tank is empty
- Allows the use of essential oils
- Predefined modes (Auto, Sleep, Baby) for optimum humidity
- Generous warranty of up to 5 years
All in all, this device is perfect for anyone who values clean, humidified air, especially for larger rooms. And being a Swiss company product, the quality is excellent, which is why I highly recommend it.
5. Turonic PH950
- Color: White
- Product Dimensions: 15.7 x 9.1 x 24.6 inche
- Item Weight: 23.6 Pound
- Control Method: Touch
- Wattage: 95
The Turonic PH950 is an air purifier and humidifier combo that really stands out. It’s designed to clean and humidify rooms up to 260 sq. ft., and while it does use a bit more energy with its 95W motor, the features it offers are well worth it.
What’s truly impressive about the Turonic PH950 is its 8-stage filtration system. It’s got a pre-filter, a cotton filter, a True HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter, a cold catalyst, a humidifier, a UV light, and an ionizer. Now, that’s a lot of ways to ensure your air is as clean as possible!
One thing you might find a bit limiting is the 1.5-liter water tank for the humidifier. It’s a bit smaller than others, and you might need to refill it more often, especially if you use the humidifier function a lot.
The device has many advanced features. For instance, there’s an air quality sensor, a WiFi connection for easy app control, a remote control, and an automatic mode for set-and-forget operation. What’s more, it offers eight fan speeds, which is more than you see in most air purifiers.
- Designed for spaces up to 260 sq. ft.
- Uses a powerful 95W motor
- 8-stage filtration system: pre-filter, cotton filter, True HEPA filter, activated carbon filter, cold catalyst, humidifier, UV light, and ionizer
- 1.5-liter water tank for the humidifier
- Connects to a WiFi app and comes with a remote control
- Offers 8 different fan speeds
- Various parts need cleaning at different intervals
- CARB certified with minimal ozone emissions
However, with all these features, it’s not the simplest device to use. You’ll need to keep track of when to clean or replace various parts. For example, the pre-filter needs cleaning every two months, some filters and the water tank once a month, and the anion generator and the PM2.5 sensor every two months. But once you get into the routine, it should be manageable.
The Turonic PH950 is relatively easy to move around, so you can use it in different rooms as needed. It’s not a small device, but it has a sleek design that will blend in nicely with your decor.
This device is CARB certified, which means it has minimal ozone emissions, making it safe to use in your home. In fact, it’s one of the most feature-packed and versatile air purifiers and humidifiers out there. So if you’re looking for a serious upgrade to your home’s air quality, I highly recommend the Turonic PH950.
What to Look for When Buying an Air Purifier and Humidifier Combo
When shopping for an air purifier and humidifier combo, you have to consider various features, potential problems, and use cases to choose the best product for your needs. Here’s a guide to help you make an informed decision.
1. Features to Consider
- Room Size Compatibility: It’s essential to pick a model that is capable of efficiently cleaning and humidifying the air in your room size. Devices will typically list the square footage they’re designed for.
- Filtration System: Look for a device with a comprehensive filtration system. A combination of pre-filter, HEPA filter, and activated carbon filter is desirable for thorough air cleaning. Some devices even offer additional filtration stages like UV light and ionizer.
- Humidifier Capacity: Check the capacity of the humidifier’s water tank. A larger tank will require less frequent refilling. Also, consider the humidification rate.
- Energy Consumption: Energy efficiency is a crucial factor. A device with lower power consumption will save on electricity bills.
- Smart Features: Modern devices often come with advanced features like air quality sensors, WiFi compatibility for app control, automatic modes, and several fan speeds. Depending on your needs, these could be very useful.
- Certifications: Certifications like CARB (California Air Resources Board) ensure that the device meets certain air quality standards.
- Warranty: Check the warranty period and what it covers. This provides a safety net in case of device malfunctions.
2. Potential Problems
- Maintenance: Some devices require regular cleaning and filter replacement, which can be labor-intensive. Understand the maintenance requirements before buying.
- Noise Level: Air purifiers and humidifiers with powerful fans might produce considerable noise. If you are sensitive to noise, look for devices with a ‘silent mode’ or ones that operate quietly.
- Ozone Production: Some air purifiers, especially those with ionizers, can produce ozone, which might be harmful in large quantities. Look for devices that are certified for low or zero ozone emission.
- Price: High-end air purifier and humidifier combos can be quite expensive. Balance the cost with the features and efficiency of the device.
3. Use Cases
- Allergy Relief: If you or someone in your home suffers from allergies, a combo device with a strong HEPA filter can help reduce allergens in the air.
- Humidity Control: For those living in dry climates or experiencing dry air due to heating or cooling, the humidifier function can add much-needed moisture to the air.
- Air Quality Improvement: If you live in a city with poor air quality, an air purifier and humidifier combo can help to remove pollutants and particulate matter from the air.
- Aroma Therapy: Some devices offer a compartment for essential oils. This allows the device to double as an aromatherapy diffuser.
Remember, it’s essential to understand your specific needs and constraints when shopping for an air purifier and humidifier combo. This guide should serve as a starting point in your shopping journey.
From the air purifier and humidifier combos we’ve discussed, it’s challenging to pick the absolute best one as each has its unique features and strengths that make it suitable for different scenarios. However, if I had to recommend one, I’d suggest the BONECO H300.
The BONECO H300 stands out due to its versatility and the generous coverage it offers. With the capacity to purify and humidify spaces up to 540 sq. ft., it is ideal for large rooms. It also consumes minimal power (only 9.6W at maximum speed), making it an energy-efficient choice.
Furthermore, it stands out with its 2-stage filtration and combined humidifier system that can operate in three different modes – air purifier only, humidifier only, or a combination of both. The device also has advanced features such as a smart app connection, automatic shut off when the water tank is empty, and a special container for essential oils, enhancing the user’s experience.
Overall, the BONECO H300, backed by a generous warranty of up to 5 years, is an excellent blend of efficient purification, humidity control, and user-friendly features. Its performance, coupled with the reputation of the Swiss brand, makes it a great all-rounder for anyone looking for an air purifier and humidifier combination.